Prepare to be amazed with one of the simplest recipes of all, bound to get you into the Christmas spirit and would make a great showstopper on the special day! The flaky pastry paired with the rich chocolate becomes a guilty pleasure instantly - the first crunch and before you know it, all of the branches have been eaten. Well, this is how it went in the office anyway!
Would you believe that it only takes 3 simple ingredients to create this masterpiece?
You will need:
- 2 x ready roll puff pastry sheets
- 1 jar of chocolate spread
- 1 egg
1) Remove the pastry sheets from the fridge and preheat the oven to 180°C.
2) Leave the pastry to soften for 5 minutes in room temperature, then unroll. Remove the first sheet from its packaging and place into your SCANPAN Classic roasting pan.
3) Spoon the chocolate spread onto your pastry sheet and spread an even layer, leaving 1cm gap on all edges.
4) Unroll your second sheet of pastry and evenly place on top of the chocolate you have just spread.
5) It's time to cut the shape of the tree - first, cut out the bottom two sections so that you have a trunk/base. Secondly, cut a triangle from each of the top corners. Keep these excess piece to make a star later on! Next, make straight slices to create your branches.
6) Twist your branches 2/3 times to form the swirl. Cut out a star from your excess pastry and place on top of your tree.
7) Finally, crack your egg into a bowl and whisk, then brush your pastry with the egg.
8) Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until golden.
Tag us in your recreations on Instagram or Facebook using @ilovehaus