Add some vitamins to your dish, it's time to explore more nutritious and beneficial meals that are quick, and easy to make after a long day at work. Many of us struggle to incorporate vegetables into our daily lives, we miss out on those valuable vitamins and minerals.
So, we bring to you this quick and easy recipe using only 4 ingredients. These asparagus and cheese puff pastry parcels are a great dinnertime dish, providing the greens from fresh asparagus, the crunch from the pastry and richness from the melted cheese - delicious!
You will need:
- 1 x ready rolled puff pastry
- 250g asparagus
- 125g mozarella
- 1 egg
1) Roll out your pastry and cut into 6 equal squares.
2) Wash and chop the ends of your asparagus, then place 4-5 sprigs diagonally across the square pastry pieces, going from corner to corner.
3) Crumble the mozarella over the asparagus, then fold in the 2 remaining corners of the pastry so it joins together in the centre.
4) Brush the pastry with egg yolk and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown at 180°C.